Helping you through a cyber crisis
Most SMEs and individuals won’t know how to deal with a cyber-attack and will need expert advice to help manage the problem.
A cyber-attack can have serious consequences on businesses, from shutting systems down and preventing access to important data, to stopping them from trading altogether. Unfortunately, businesses aren’t the only targets of such attacks. The number of connected devices in every UK household keeps rising and individuals are becoming increasingly vulnerable. With online accounts involving financial, health and other sensitive data, your personal information has the potential to become susceptible to a cyber-attack.
Lorega delivers expert help to SMEs and households to get them back up and running following a cyber incident through Cyber Recovery Insurance. We provide a Cyber Emergency Response Team (CERT) to manage the crisis from the moment the breach is discovered and reported to us. Expert advice will be on hand following a covered data security breach – in which personal information is copied, transmitted, viewed or stolen by a third party unauthorised to do so.
WHAT IS THE CYBER EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM (CERT)?
Our CERT experts are dedicated, experienced cyber forensics experts, with a focus on information security, data protection and regulatory compliance. Lorega works in partnership with Agenci, part of the Cyberfort Group. The Cyber Experts that help policyholders are experienced and qualified Information Security & Business Continuity professionals, and regular contributors to government initiatives on cyber security and counter terrorism.
WHAT EXACTLY WILL THE CYBER RECOVERY INSURANCE POLICY AND THE CYBER EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM (CERT) DO FOR ME?
Cyber Recovery is an insurance policy which provides businesses with a turnover of less than £5m, with a Cyber Expert to help them survive a cyber-attack or data breach. The Cyber Emergency Response Team (CERT) will manage the crisis from the moment the breach is discovered and where personal information is copied, transmitted, viewed or stolen by a third party unauthorised to do so.
As long as the breach occurred in the UK, we will investigate and assist with the restoration of systems, liaise with the regulator and help you to communicate with your customers to limit the damage to your reputation and restore confidence.
If you are a business with a turnover of less than £5 million, we will help you by providing:
- 24/7 crisis response with full assessment and advice on immediate actions
- Incident management including IT, legal and PR advice in respect to a third-party claim and protection of business reputation
- Investigation and assistance with the restoration of emails, online systems and software
- In the event of a regulatory investigation, legal advice and payment of certain fines and credit monitoring costs
Home Cyber Recovery is an insurance policy that provides and pays for the services of a cyber expert, together with certain other payments, to help you recover from a cyber threat, cyber-attack, email fraud, cyber theft, or identity theft, or a cyber defamation liability claim made against you.
So, if you are a homeowner, we will help you by providing:
- Expert advice and assistance to investigate and address the event (cyber threat or attack; email fraud or cyber threat; identity theft)
- Cost of repairing or replacing the home computer system
- Cost of paying a ransom or financial demand arising from the threat, and recovery of any financial loss
- Reimbursement of the amounts lost as a result of email fraud or cyber theft, where our expert has been unable to recover them
- The cost of monitoring your credit records for up to 1 year
- Assistance to defend and settle a cyber defamation liability claim made against you, arising directly from a hacker gaining unauthorised access to your personal email, social media or website
All of these costs are covered under the Cyber Recovery Insurance policy, so the assistance from the Cyber Emergency Response Team will not cost you anything!
Cyber Recovery Insurance is a standalone product sold by insurance brokers. In the unfortunate event of a cyber incident, you should notify us of your claim, and we will initiate the process as soon as possible by briefing the Cyber Emergency response Team on the same business day that the incident has been reported. They will contact you and ask you all relevant questions. They might take control of your systems to assess the damage and attempt to remediate it. They will keep you informed every step of the way.
If you don’t have a Cyber Recovery Insurance policy but need support following a cyber-attack, you can still benefit from the service of our Cyber Experts on a consulting rate basis, after the event.
You can find more information about Cyber Recovery Insurance and Cyber Expert (after the event consulting service) in the following brochures.
CYBER RECOVERY INSURANCE – STOLEN LAPTOP WITH PERSONNEL DATA
“When our office was burgled, the police were able to help sort out the physical aspects of the theft, but a stolen laptop was more of a concern as it belonged to the HR director.”